Have you noticed the recent change in your gmail inbox? Google recently rolled out a new feature in Gmail – category tabs. For some of you (including me) this is a bit irritating. I loved the earlier version of the mailbox. Rather, I might say I am more comfortable with the earlier version.
Can I remove the new gmail category tabs?
Of course! If you are wondering how to go back to the old version of Gmail, here are the steps:
1. Log in to your gmail account.
2. You can see the tabs – Primary, Social and Promotions – in your inbox. Click on the rightmost plus sign (+) button.
3. In the pop-up window, you can see that the boxes for “Promotions” and “Social” are checked. Uncheck these two boxes and click the “Save” button.
4. Now check out your inbox again. You can now see the grand old display back!
If you really like the new gmail category tabs, then just follow the below steps. Else, enjoy the old format!
5. If you change your mind later on and would like to change back to the new tabs feature, just click on the settings button and select “Configure Inbox”.
6. In the pop-up window, check the “Social” and “Promotions” boxes and click “Save” button.
Now you can surf through the new tabs feature again!
Thus you can change the way you see your gmail inbox – either the new gmail category tabs or the plain old gmail.
What do you think about the new category tabs? Have you tried it out yet? Do tell us in the comments!
Image Credit : 7dias7noches.net